Descripción del trabajo
Nombre de vacante
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at [email protected]
for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Software Engineer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.The Developer will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
Successful develop, delivery maintain high quality software - Ruby on Rails (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Contribute to quality activities, incl. peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
In returnImpact: You’ll be working alongside a tremendous team of highly skilled engineers on products that make a real impact on our customersCulture: You will be working in a multicultural and diverse environment alongside highly motivated colleaguesEnvironment: Fantastic tech environment, using the best of breed and cutting-edge technologiesCompetitive salary: We offer competitive salaries aligned with your experience and expertiseFlexibility: We believe in flexibility and work/life blend, offering flexible start times on the tech teamBonus SchemeContinuous Development: We’re focused on supporting your development and you get 5 days every year dedicated to learning new skills, as well as plenty of 'on the job' trainingSocial: Regular social events, team outings, conference and meet-upsCommunity: Make a difference to communities we live and work in, with your 5 volunteer days every year#LI-LD2
- Be an active and enthusiastic team player. Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Work cross-functionally with various Sage teams: product management, QA/XD, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Proven experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
- Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools & techniques
- Provide 3rd tier support and/or expertise for the area of responsibility